Monday, August 1, 2011

Some of my funny sayings...

Yesterday we had a flash flood and this is a picture of what it looked like.....
Yesterday, when daddy was out working on the car (after the water had receded), I said "Mommy, Daddy's fixing MY car."
When it is time to start getting ready for bed Mommy says, "Let's go brush your teeth." This is how I almost always respond: "yes, and stand up for Jesus, and wash my hands!"

Kaleb is a name they don't really have in Macedonia and so it is really hard for people to remember. In the Bible they translate it as, 'Halev." Well...I just call him K-Bub, but a lot of people have started calling him Gulab. That means 'dove' in Macedonian. :) Here is Gulab at 6 am- -he is a morning boy- -I, on the other hand, dislike mornings very much! :)

Update on my BIG month last month:

I got used to my big girl bed (though I do love it if mommy or daddy lay down with me until I fall asleep),
I gave up my Si (Pacifier) for good (I don't even mention it anymore), and
I made HUGE steps forward in potty training (just need to work on nighttime and being out for extended periods of time)

No comments: