We drove to Sophia, Bulgaria on the night of the 20th and arrived there at 4:00am. I was already feeling the jet lag and I hadn't even gotten on the plane. We flew to Frankfurt, Germany (about 3 hours) and then to Dallas from there (11 hours). When we got to Dallas, my uncle Steven (who I met for the 1st time) picked us up and we headed to his house to freshen up. We packed into the car with my aunt Amy and my cousin Kaylee and headed to my Texas grandparent's house for the 1st big surprise. My uncle Steven had made "arrangements" for my grandparents to babysit Kaylee (their 4 month old) for two days. However, he carried me into the house instead (I was covered with a blanket and momma and dada were hiding outside). We thought grandpa would notice right away that I wasn't Kaylee, but he didn't because I was crying from the exhaustion and strange situation and he wasn't expecting me. My uncle was trying to help him realize it was me by saying things like, "she is really starting to look like Maggie, isn't she?" Grandpa thought "Kaylee" looked a lot like me and that "Kaylee" had grown a bunch, but he still didn't know it was me. Grandpa gave me back to "my dad" (really Uncle Steven) and he went outside to help unload the car. It was then that he saw momma and dada standing outside and he was soooo excited and surprised - -I can't even begin to explain it (maybe we'll post a video one day).
Well, it was great! Here are a few pictures of my cousin Kaylee and me hanging out on Christmas day- -I LOVE her! I'm so glad we got to meet each other! Momma says it is hard to get a 4 month old and an 8 month old to both smile at the camera. I think she is right. We still look good though.
1 comment:
What a great story!!!
Post a Comment